Syllabus for Programming Embedded Systems, Project
Programmering av inbyggda system, projekt
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1DT108
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1F,
Embedded Systems A1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2016-03-08
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Spring 2019
120 credits including Computer Architecture and Operating Systems. Real Time Systems, and Programming of Embedded Systems. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Develop embedded software of high quality using high level programming in e.g. C.
- Develop embedded systems based on real time operating systems.
- Develop software on embedded hardware platforms taking limitations such as memory size, processor capacity, and bandwidth into account.
- Develop correct and efficient software using fault detection and other test systems.
Prroject work in groups covering the following areas: development environments for embedded software, resource aware programming, hardware programming, developing multi-threaded software, inter-process communication with shared memory and message passing, programming using real time operating systems, fault detection and testing, and fault tolerance and fault recovery.
Written and oral reporting on the project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2016)
Applies from: Autumn 2022
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Making Embedded Systems [Elektronisk resurs] : Design Patterns for Great Software.
Sebastopol: O'Reilly Media, Inc., 2011
Tillgänglig för användare inom Uppsala universitet
Embedded System Design : Embedded Systems, Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems, and the Internet of Things
3rd ed. 2018.: Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2018
Reading list revisions
- Latest reading list (applies from Autumn 2022)
- Previous reading list (applies from Spring 2019)