Syllabus for Industrial Management
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TE743
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Industrial Engineering and Management G1F
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2016-03-10
- Established by:
- Revised: 2019-02-25
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
30 credits within science/engineering/pharmaceutics/medicine.
- Responsible department: Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
Upon completing the course the student should be able to
- choose, prepare, interpret and use cost estimates as a basis for the different situations in an industrial company,
- interpret financial statements and other financial reports of industrial companies, including the income statement, the balance sheet, the cash flow statement and key measures in these,
- explain how strategic planning, management, management control, entrepreneurship, organisation, production and learning works in an industrial company,
- explain how the industrial company markets and price it's products,
- explain how the company deal with it's environment.
Volume analysis, costing, investment appraisal, accounting and bookkeeping, budgeting, financing, financial analysis, pricing and management control are discussed as support for and a background to decision-making. Insights into the company and it's environment, leadership, entrepreneurship, organisation, strategic planning, learning and marketing are given as a basis for understanding structure of the industrial company's prerequisits.
Lectures and exercises.
Written examination with oral presentation. Written assignments for higher grade than "Pass".
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University's disability coordinator.
The course may not be included in a degree together with any of the following courses: 1TE728 Industrial Management and 2FE025 Business Studies, Basic Course A/B.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022, version 2)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022, version 1)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2018)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2017)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2016)
Applies from: Autumn 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Industriföretagets ekonomi : Atlas Copco industriteknik
Lund: Studentlitteratur, 
Management of an industrial company : Atlas Copco industrial technique
Lund: Studentlitteratur, 
Literature in the form of pdf files, as well as links to filmed material and articles, are provided through the course website.