Syllabus for GIS for Water Resources
GIS för vattenresurser
A revised version of the syllabus is available.
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1TV444
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2010-03-16
- Established by:
- Revised: 2021-03-26
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2022
120 credits and Groundwater 5 credits and Runoff 5 credits. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Earth Sciences
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Transform coordinate systems and projections
- Use geographic information systems (GIS) to assess and model environmental, geoscientific processes and environmental problems
- Use digital elevation models to perform morphometric analyses of catchments
Basic principles of GIS: Boolean operations, vector and raster models
Basic cartography: transformation of coordinate systems and projections, distributed statistics.
Analysis of catchments, flow paths and topographic wetness index.
Analysis of environmental aquatic transport processes, water resource planning and environmental impact assessment.
Lectures and computer exercises.
Assignments 4 hp, exercises 1 hp.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2022)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2016)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2010)
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.