Syllabus for Parallel Programming for Efficiency
Programmering av effektiva parallella program
- 5 credits
- Course code: 1DL560
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Computer Science A1F,
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2014-03-13
- Established by:
- Revised: 2022-10-17
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2023
120 credits including 60 credits in computer science including Low-level Parallel Programming and participation in Advanced Computer Architecture. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- analyse programs for efficient use of computational resources, including cache, memory bandwidth, CPUs, and energy
- use profiling tools for energy and performance
- apply profiling and optimisation techniques to a program to improve its efficiency
- determine achieved efficiency as a fraction of the system's and application's potential
Introduction to one or more complex, computationally intensive applications. Introduction to profiling and measurement techniques for performance and energy. Optimisation techniques.
Online lectures, seminars, project.
Oral and written presentation of assignments and project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2023)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2014)
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.