Recognition of foreign qualifications

Usually you need to get your foreign education evaluated before you can continue with your studies. The Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR) evaluates foreign qualifications in order to provide support for people looking for work in Sweden, people who wish to continue studying, or for employers who wish to employ someone with foreign qualifications.

You may apply for an evaluation of your qualifications if you are a citizen of an EU/EEA country or have applied for a residence permit in Sweden. You may apply for this evaluation before you receive your residence permit.

Apply for recognition

Other authorities evaluate certain professions that are regulated, for instance doctors and teachers; this means there are stipulated conditions for working within such an occupation.