Press releases from Uppsala University
First large wave power generator launched in Lysekil
13 March 2013
Researchers and doctoral students from Uppsala University have today installed the first 6.7 metre long generator in what will become a wave power ...
Press invitation: First large wave power generator to be launched in Lysekil
11 March 2013
On the 12 March scientists and doctoral students from Uppsala University are installing the first large generator in what will become a full scale ...
Carl Thunberg's Japanese plants to be digitised
11 March 2013
In stiff competition the Museum of Evolution at Uppsala University, Sweden, has been granted funding for digitising the Japanese parts of the Thunb...
Scientists have a responsibility for research that can be used to harm
7 March 2013
Do scientists have a responsibility for research that is used to harm others? In a doctoral thesis from Uppsala University, Frida Kuhlau discusses ...
First experimental plant for marine current power to be installed in Dalälven
6 March 2013
Journalists are welcome to the river Dalälven, in the rural Swedish town of Söderfors, when the first experimental plant for marine current power w...
The ‘no worries’ approach fails to identify Australian women with childbirth fear
25 February 2013
Having a fear of birth has a negative impact on women’s pregnancy and birth. In recently published research from a collaboration of The University ...
Lack of sleep? Keep away from the buffet
20 February 2013
New research from Uppsala University shows that sleep-deprived people select greater portion sizes of energy-dense snacks and meals than they do af...
Researchers guardians of trust in biobank research
18 February 2013
Do we trust biobank researchers? In a doctoral thesis from Uppsala University, medical doctor and bioethicist Linus Johnsson claims that we do: At ...
Ethical challenges of human brain simulation
28 January 2013
One of the greatest challenges of modern science is understanding the human brain. Uppsala University’s Centre for Research Ethics & Bioethics ...
Peace researchers worried over decrease in peace agreements
27 December 2012
Over the past few years the signing of peace agreements has become an increasingly rare phenomenon, while the number of armed conflicts has increas...
Carin Göring’s remains identified by researchers at Uppsala University
21 December 2012
The putative remains of Carin Göring, wife of Nazi leader Herman Göring, were found in 1991 at a site close to where she had been buried. In a re...
- Anthropological expertise facilitates multicultural women's health care 28 November 2012
- Finally! The pig genome is mapped 14 November 2012
- Importance of citizens for building of a new nation brand 29 October 2012
- Male competition an evolutionary engine of genital evolution 25 October 2012
- Flycatchers’ genomes explain how one species became two 24 October 2012
- Migratory birds’ ticks can spread viral haemorrhagic fever 22 October 2012
- Discovery of gatekeeper nerve cells explains the effect of nicotine on learning and memory 7 October 2012
- Uppsala researchers looking for life outside our solar system 5 October 2012
- Disorder in protein interactions 2 October 2012