Seminar series within the Competence Centre
This autumn we are happy to announce a lunch-seminar series from Additive Manufacturing @ Uppsala University (AM@UU) !
AM@UU consist of AM@Å initiative, U-PRINT: Uppsala University’s 3D-printing facility and the Additive Manufacturing for the Life Sciences Competence Centre.
The seminars aim to broaden knowledge of AM applications from life science to metallurgy, and to let audience to learn more about AM from both academic and industrial perspectives.
UCOMING seminars IN AUTUMN / WINTER 2021
REGISTRATION LINK: https://doit.medfarm.uu.se/bin/kurt3/kurt/26054
- 15/9 - Prof. Oana Ghita, Exceter University, UK - Seminar with expert in additive manufacturing of polymer and composites
- 29/9 - Prof. Erik Schkommodau, University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland, Liestal, Switzerland - Seminar with expert in 3D-printing of implants and surgical navigation
- 13/10 - Prof. Eduard Hryha, Chalmers University, Sweden - Seminar with expert in additive manufacturing for metals and head of the CAM2 Competence Centre
- 27/10 - Jean-François Romainville, Belgium - Vanguard Initiative: 3D-printing Pilot
- 10/11 - TBA
- 24/11 - TBA
- 8/12 - TBA
PAST SEMINARS in 2021
17/02: Carl-Johan Karlsson Hassila, Uppsala University, Sweden - AM of Metals: process parameters development
03/03: Dr. Harald Kissel, Sandvik AdditiveManufacturing, Sweden - Material Developmentfor Binder Jetting and PBF-Laser systems
17/03: Prof. Lars-Erik Rännar, MittU - Electron beam melting – past, present and future research at Mid Sweden University
07/04: Olle Eriksson, U-PRINT 3D-printing facility - Overview on the research for the life science applications at U-PRINT 3D printing facility at Uppsala University
05/05: Prof. Stefan Johansson, Uppsala University - The coming 2-photon printer at the Ångström laboratory
- 19/05: Prof. Marta-Lena Antti, Luleå University of Technology - AM activities at Luleå University of Technology
- 02/06: Prof. Alberto Leardini, Director of Movement Analysis Laboratory, Centro di Ricerca Codivilla-Putti Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Italy - Medical imaging, musculo-skeletal modelling and 3D printing for custom implants in Orthopedics
PAST SEMINARS in 2020
- 16/9 @ 12:15 - 13:00 : Dr. Jonas Åberg, OssDsign, Sweden - “2D to 3D: How additive manufacturing made OssDsign Cranial Patient-Specific Implant possible”
30/9 @ 12:15 - 13:00 : Jithin James Marattukalam, Uppsala University, Sweden - “Additive Manufacturing of Amorphous alloys: Properties and Applications”
- 14/10 @ 12:15 - 13:00 : Rouslan Svintsitski, 3D Ceramtec, FR - “From lab to fab – a review of different 3D ceramic printing technologies”
- 4/11 @ 12:15 - 13:00 : Prof. Einar Heiberg, Clinical Physiology, Lund University - Additive Manufacturing for Clinical Applications
- 18/11: Representatives of VBN Components AB, Graphmatech, Additive Composite Uppsala AB - "Sharing the experience of spinning off the university and being a start-up in the AM sector"
- 02/12 - Victor Pacheco, Department of Chemistry, Ångström Laboratory, Inorganic Chemistry - Metal Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing
16/12: Ida Sjöberg, SLU, SE - "Tissue reaction on a 3D printed resorbable polymer implants"