How to use Norse World
In addition to providing a place-name index for a large portion of the Old Swedish and Old Danish literary corpus, the database and maps provide a research tool that can:
- uncover the extent of knowledge about foreign places;
- enable investigations of the development (through time and space) of this knowledge;
- show the use of foreign places in different texts, manuscripts, and genres;
- encourage close readings of Old Danish and Old Swedish texts that investigate aspects of their interspatiality (the common spaces they reference), through geospatial network analysis;
- promote experimentation with visualising spatial clusters and patterns.