Recommendations on coronavirus
Are you infected?
- You should primarily contact the course or programme coordinator for your programme/department, to facilitate contact tracing and reduce the risk of the infection spreading.
- Stay at home and follow the current guidelines on COVID-19 and the Region Uppsala Infection Control Unit (or the Region Gotland Infection Control Unit) instructions.
All students, staff, visitors and others engaged in activities at the University must follow the recommendations in effect to reduce the spread of infection in society. Gatherings of more than 50 people should be avoided and efforts should be made to ensure physical distancing in University premises. If the Public Health Agency’s recommendations on the number of people change, the University’s decision will also change.
OUR SHARED RESPONSIBILITY
- Stay at home if you feel even slightly unwell
- Feeling unwell? Go and get tested for COVID-19. Contact 1177. If you do not have a Swedish personal identity number, phone 018 617 35 64. You will reach a voicemail and should leave your name and telephone number. A doctor will call you back and you can then make an appointment for a test.
- Are you infected? You should primarily contact the course or programme coordinator for your programme/department.
- Keep your distance from other people – both indoors and outdoors
- Wash your hands frequently and use handsanitiser
- If possible – take the bike or walk to campus
- If possible – study and work from home
- Avoid crowding and large social gatherings
FAQ – WHAT’S THE SITUATION FOR STUDENTS?
- University Campuses and buildings
- Courses and classes
- Finances (CSN)
- Support and services
KEEP UP TO DATE WITH INFORMATION
Treat sources critically and check reports spreading in the media and social media against credible sources to prevent rumours and anxiety. The Public Health Agency of Sweden has extensive information about the situation on its website. Official information from public authorities is accessible on Krisinformation.se.
For general information about the coronavirus disease COVID-19, you can call the national information number 113 13.
For questions in connection with illness, contact 1177.se or call 1177.
Students are urged to keep up to date with developments via the websites below:
- Public Health Agency of Sweden
- Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Krisinformation.se (also in several other languages)
- Current information on the coronavirus on the WHO website
- Updates from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- SR International/Radio Sweden
- The Local
Are you worried about your study situation or mental health during this current situation?
Do not hesitate to contact the Student Health Service.