Step 3 – How do I apply?
In order to apply for exchange studies you will need to register an account when the application opens. Students need to submit the following pieces of information in the online application:
- Transcript of Records for all attended Swedish universities and colleges as well as transcripts of records for your bachelor degree.
- Course proposal for each university you intend to apply for.
You are required to submit a course selection in your application for exchange studies in order show that you have done research on your selection of universities. This is required to avoid a situation where students are selected to universities that do not have the subjects they would like to study. However, the International Office at Uppsala University cannot guarantee that the courses you have selected in your application for exchange studies will be available to you should you be selected to go on exchange. The final selection of courses is made together with your host university. Please observe that at some of our partner universities selection of courses is done during the first week of each semester and students may not have guaranteed seats in specific courses when leaving Sweden. How the process of selecting courses works is usually described on our partner universities websites for exchange students. You may also find previous students' exchange reports useful in this regard.
- Academic Purpose Statement (APS) written in the language of instruction you intend to conduct your studies. If you are applying for universities teaching in different languages you need to upload one APS per language. Read more about the APS.
- Certificate of Registration showing that you are enrolled for fulltime studies i.e. 30 credits at Uppsala University at the time of the application.
- Test scores from language tests (if applicable).
- Certificates showing involvement in a buddy programme/welcome activities at Uppsala University (if applicable) rewards with +0,1 points. NEW! Starting with the application round in October/November 2017, students with valid certificates of being a studentrepresentative in certain central committees and councils, faculty boards or disciplinary domains or has had one of the selected nationposts is rewarded with + 0,2 points in the application. Please read the decision and see the full list here.