Exchange agreements

In order to attend Uppsala University as an exchange student, your home university must have a current exchange agreement with Uppsala University.

Types of exchange agreements

There are two types of exchange agreements at Uppsala University:

This agreement is between your home university and Uppsala University. It covers students from many different majors and the exchange students can take courses in many different departments.


Instructions on how to apply with a university-wide exchange agreement


If you have any questions regarding exchange studies through university-wide agreements at Uppsala University, contact the Unit for International Mobility.

The agreement is between your major’s department or faculty at your home university and the corresponding department or faculty at Uppsala University. At Uppsala University, these exchange students are supported by the relevant department/faculty for all aspects of their programme. If you are coming to Uppsala University on a department or faculty exchange agreement, you will likely have most of your contact with your exchange coordinator at the department/faculty. Contact the exchange coordinator at your home university to find out more.


Instructions on how to apply with a department or faculty agreement


All contact should be with the coordinator from the department or faculty at your home university. For questions on for example when you will receive your answer or who should sign your Learning Agreement, always contact your department's or faculty's coordinator first.

Find out if your home university has an exchange agreement

To find out if your home university has an exchange agreement with Uppsala University, contact the international office at your home university. If your home university has an exchange agreement, but you are unsure of which type it is, ask your home university exchange coordinator or the Unit for International Mobility.

If there is no exchange agreement

If your home university does not have an exchange agreement with Uppsala University, you can:

  • Talk to your international office about what other universities it has agreements with, or about developing an agreement with Uppsala University.
  • Apply for freestanding courses and attend Uppsala University as a freemover.
  • Apply for one of the Bachelor's programmes or Master's programmes taught in English.

Drop-in: Consult an International Officer

Meet with our International Officers to discuss your inquiries regarding your studies. You have the option to connect through Zoom or have an in-person meeting.

Kindly be aware that drop-in sessions will not be available on public holidays and during breaks such as Christmas, Easter, and summer vacations.

Temporary changes and extra drop-in sessions

The drop-in session on Thursday 21 September is cancelled.

Uppsala students

Visby students

Other contact details

Unit for International Mobility
Visiting address: Segerstedthuset, Dag Hammarskjölds väg 7, Uppsala
Postal address: P.O. Box 256, SE-751 05 Uppsala
Phone number: +46 18 471 00 00 (switchboard)