Media and Communication Studies: Digital Media, Culture and Society
Reading list, Master's level, 2IV139
A revised version of the reading list is available.
- Lindgren, Simon., Digital media and society: theories, topics and tools, 1st edition., Thousand Oaks, CA, SAGE Publications, 2017Compulsory
- Ess, Charles, Digital media ethics, Cambridge ;a Malden, Polity, 2009Compulsory
Additional reading in the form of book chapters and articles will be given during the course.
- Dijck, José van, The culture of connectivity: a critical history of social media, New York, Oxford University Press, cop. 2013
- Fuchs, Christian, Social media: a critical introduction, London, SAGE Publications, 2014
- Kozinets, Robert V., Netnography: redefined, 2nd edition., Thousand Oaks, CA, Sage Publications Ltd, 2015
- White, Andrew, Digital media and society: transforming economics, politics and social practices, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2014