HAW Summer School for Young Scientists
- Datum: –
- Plats: Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany)
- Arrangör: Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
- Kontaktperson: Kathrin Rath
- Telefon: +49 40 42875 - 9897
Are you a young researcher at the beginning of your academic career and focus on sustainable energy or are you doing your PhD on this topic? Are you located at a higher education institution in the Baltic Sea region? Do you have a solid scientific expertise / background but would like to enhance your teaching skills because you have to fulfill a teaching obligation?
Young scientists and doctoral candidates often face the challenge of being available for teaching in addition to their research activities, and of taking on teaching activities such as lectures or seminars for students. In order to ensure that students receive a high-quality education that meets the needs and demands of the labour market, competent teachers with excellent teaching skills are a key requirement.
The aim of the Summer School, therefore, is to increase the teaching skills of young scientists and doctoral candidates. In addition, the school serves to increase the mobility of young scientists in the Baltic Sea region with the aim of exchanging experiences, knowledge and best practices, both with regard to their own research topics and in the field of teaching, and to establish first contacts for future research cooperation in the field of sustainable energy.
The deadline for submitting the completed application is 30 April 2020. Participants will be selected based on the quality of the submitted application. Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the application form see below.
The Summer School will be organised by and take place at Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (Germany) from 8 to12 June 2020. The core programme will take place from June 9 to11.
The preliminary programme will include the following:
– Integrating the concept of sustainable energy into current study programmes
– A one-day workshop on the topic of teaching & learning
– A Hamburg excursion day, including a visit of the Hamburg Renewable Energy Cluster, a guided city tour, and a visit to Hamburg’s energy hill and energy bunker
– A visit to HAW Hamburg’s energy campus and developing a teaching module on energy transition.
Participating at the Summer School is free of charge. Costs for meals and accommodation will be covered by the organiser. Travel costs will be reimbursed on a lump-sum basis.
Point of contact:
HAW Hamburg · International Office
Kathrin Rath · Coordinator International Research
Tel: +49 40 42875 - 9897