Outline for Master Programme in Economics
Masterprogram i nationalekonomi
- 120 credits
- Programme code: SNE2M
- Established: 2010-09-23
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Social Sciences
- Revised: 2013-09-23
- Revised by: The Department Board
- Reg. no: SAMFAK 2013/94 Doss 3:2:1
- Outline applies from: Autumn 2013
- Responsible faculty: Faculty of Social Sciences
- Responsible department: Department of Economics
- Latest outline (applies from Autumn 2013)
The first semester begins with two methodology courses in micro theory and analytical methods. During the second half of the semester the students take a more applied course in micro theory and one in macro theory.
The second semester is devoted to statistics, econometric theory, applied econometrics and policy evaluation. Each course amounts to 7.5 credits.
During the third semester, students have more choice. The department offers the following elective courses: Financial Theory, Applied Macroeconomics, Policy Evaluation, Political Economics, Labour Economics and Public Economics. Students are also encouraged to apply for courses at other departments, such as Mathematics, Sociology, Political Science, Economic History and the Statistics Department, and also courses at the agricultural university (SLU).
During the fourth semester of year 2 students write their Master's theses. A prerequisite for writing the Master's thesis is that the student has passed at least 75 ECTS credits in the programme.