Syllabus for Master Programme in Biomedicine
Masterprogram i biomedicin
- 120 credits
- Programme code: MBM2M
- Established: 2010-06-30
- Revised: 2013-01-11
- Revised by: The Educational Board of Medicine
- Syllabus applies from: Autumn 2013
- Responsible faculty: Faculty of Medicine
A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university. The main field of study must be in biomedicine, medicine, pharmacy, biology, or a similar field of study that gives relevant knowledge in cell and molecular biology, chemistry and biochemistry, pharmacology, physiology and neurobiology.
Also required is knowledge and practical experience of laboratory experiments in life sciences.
All applicants need to verify English language proficiency. This is normally attested by an internationally recognised test such as TOEFL or IELTS with the following minimum scores:
- IELTS: an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5
- TOEFL: Paper-based: Score of 4.5 (scale 1–6) in written test and a total score of 575. Internet-based: Score of 20 (scale 0–30) in written test and a total score of 90
- Cambridge: CAE, CPE
The programme leads to a Degree of Master of Medical Science (Two Years) with Biomedicine as the main field of study.