Take out home insurance and injury insurance

We recommend you make sure that you have home insurance (hemförsäkring) during your stay in Sweden. If anything is stolen from your room or flat, or if property is damaged or lost during your rental period, you are responsible for covering the repair or replacement costs. A home insurance usually covers personal property, personal liability, and legal expenses. Most home insurances also have travel protection in case of illness or accident.

We also recommend you to take out an injury insurance for your free time.

You sign up for a home insurance and injury insurance through a private insurance company of your choice. Please contact an insurance company for more information. Some Swedish insurance companies: