Is this programme right for you?
Meet a student on the programme
Name: Ines Berrojo
From: Portugal & Spain
There are a lot of SciLife companies and research groups, which we will likely come into contact with during our education.
How did you choose your programme?
– I was looking for different Master's programmes at the time, and biomedicine piqued my interest due to its focus on research and on neurobiology.
What is it like to be an international student?
– Coming from the south of Europe it is quite a different change of culture, as well of weather. I personally was affected a lot by the darkness in winter but I loved the Swedish spring and summer. However, the university made it very easy to adapt ourselves and our environment.
What is the best thing about studying at Uppsala University?
– There are a lot of SciLife companies and research groups, which we will likely come into contact with during our education.
Do you remember your first impression with Uppsala? Please tell!
– When I came to Uppsala I fell in love with the city immediately, I loved the parks and the environment full of students.
Describe what a normal day is like for you?
– My first year, was during the pandemic and therefore we were not allowed on campus. However, now I'm doing my thesis work, so a normal day for me is to get to university, have a meeting with my supervisor, and then do the experiments I need during the day. Occasionally, as I am part of the Medical Master Council, I attend some meetings in the afternoon.
What is your reason for studying and your ultimate goal?
– My ultimate goal is to become a professor. I would like to be part of teaching in a university and be able to influence the education of scientists in the future, as well as research those topics that fascinate me.
Describe the student life!
– Despite being in the pandemic during the first, I was still able to make a lot of friends, within and outside my class. My best experience was being a buddy for the first years, in which I got to know a lot of people from the first year, as well as to attend the nation's parties from time to time.
Two quick questions:
What is your favourite place in Uppsala?
– Helga Trefaldighets kyrka. Is a small church next to the cathedral, and it is very cozy, and many people overlook it.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
– I hopefully will be in my Ph.D. studies.
- For programme-specific information, please contact programme director Lina Thorvaldson:
- +46 18 471 42 16
- For general information or questions about the Master´s Programmes at the Faculty of Medicine, please contact:
- Book an appointment with a study counsellor at the Faculty.
- For admissions-related or general information, please contact our applicant support team: