Real-Time Graphics Programming for Games 1
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 5SD805
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science G1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 27 May 2019
- Responsible department
- Department of Game Design
Programming with C/C++ 1: Introduction, 5 credits, and Programming with C/C++ 2: Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns, 5 credits, and Programming with C/C++ 3: Computer Games in 2D, 5 credits, and Linear Algebra, Trigonometry and Geometry, 7.5 credits
Upon completing the course, students will be able to:
- describe the modern rendering pipeline,
- explain fundamental terms and concepts within real-time computer graphics,
- use matrices for transforming geometry,
- use programmable shaders to achieve different graphical effects,
- use a low-level graphics API, such as OpenGL
The objective of the course is to give an introduction to programming real-time graphics with C/C++ using a low-level graphics API such as OpenGL or DirectX. The course goes through modern rendering pipeline and its different stages, primitive transformation, depth buffering, programming shaders for the GPU (Graphics Processing Unit), polygon rasterization, texturing and sampling, lighting models and view frustum culling.
Lectures, teacher led exercises, laboratory work and compulsory hand-in assignment.
Assessment through an approved assessment.
The possible grades for the course are Pass with Distinction, Pass or Fail.
PLAGIARISM AND CHEATING
Uppsala University takes cheating and plagiarism seriously and disciplinary actions will be taken against students suspected of being involved in any form of cheating and / or plagiarism. The disciplinary measurements are warning and shutdown for a limited time.
NOTE: Only completed courses can count toward a degree.
No reading list found.