Web Application Development
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 2IS220
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Software Engineering G1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 7 October 2019
- Responsible department
- Department of Informatics and Media
Programming, 7.5 credits
Regarding knowledge and understanding the student is expected to be able to on completion of the course:
- know about standards for HTML and style sheets (CSS),
- describe guidelines for usability and availability,
- explain basic concepts concerning web design and web publication.
Regarding competence and skills the student is expected to be able to on completion of the course:
- apply basic coding in HTML and CSS,
- use HTML and CSS for responsive web design,
- integrate web applications with external systems.
Regarding judgement and approach the student is expected to be able to on completion of the course:
- validate web pages according to W3C standard considering the need of clients and users,
- analyse and evaluate websites from the perspective of usability and availability.
The course is given in the form of lectures, workshops and exercises.
The course is examined through written assignments.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University's disability coordinator or a decision by the department's working group for study matters.