Thin Film Technology II
Syllabus, Master's level, 1TE741
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Materials Engineering A1F, Technology A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 12 February 2020
- Responsible department
- Department of Electrical Engineering
120 credits. Participation in Thin Films Technology I. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
Upon a successful completion of the course the student should be able to:
- assess possibilities and identify challenges in thin film deposition for a specific application,
- plan the sequence of operations required for deposition,
- perform depositions of coatings by the most common deposition techniques,
- communicate with and present results to an industrial partner.
Students in a small group analyse an industrial application where a thin film is of interest. After selecting a material and the technology, a work plan is errected. The group carries out experiments to prepare the desired coating and performs analysis of the film.
Lessons, study visits, demonstrations and lab work in a group under supervision.
Attendance at introductory project meetings, participation in study visits, a written report of own work and an oral presentation of the entire project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.