Advanced Physics - Project Course
Syllabus, Master's level, 1FA566
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Physics A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 26 March 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
120 credits including 75 credits in physics. Admission requires a project plan accepted by the department. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- use previous knowledge in physics to plan a project within a choosen branch of physics,
- carefully examine a scientific question by constructing and evaluating e.g. experimental measurements, theoretical arguments and/or computations,
- search, critically assess and compile relevant scientific literature,
- present the results of the project in both written and oral form.
The content is defined together with the program coordinator and program advisor to promote further studies within a particular specialisation of the Master programme in Physics.
Self studies and a project work.
Written and oral examination of the project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.