- New methods to predict release and absorption of orally administered drugs 2021-01-04
- Per Artursson: If we are to aim for the top, we must tear down the glass ceiling 2020-11-09
- The SweDeliver Scientific Advisory Board identifies great potential 2020-11-06
- Meet Orion Pharma – New partner in the SweDeliver network 2020-11-05
- SweDeliver's junior researchers prepare their next career step 2020-11-05
Seminars & Events
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
Voices of SweDeliver
Susanne Bredenberg, ceo
"gives us access to valuable contacts and new input"
This is SweDeliver
SweDeliver is a world leading research and competence centre in Drug Delivery. Many novel molecules in the drug discovery and development pipeline are biological compounds such as proteins, peptides and RNA. These display problems of poor solubility, membrane permeability and low bioavailability. Thus, the Drug Delivery area is today facing tremendous challenges to develop new drug therapies.
SweDeliver was established in response to these challenges. SweDeliver is based on a multi-disciplinary collaboration between academia and industry with financial support from Vinnova (Sweden’s Innovation Agency). The Faculty of Pharmacy at Uppsala University is the academic hub of the Centre whereas our 15 industrial partners contribute with expertise and research infrastructure as well as industrial perspectives and needs within each of the three main research areas of the Centre.
SweDeliver has prioritized to focus on outstanding research challenges within
- Parenteral Drug Delivery
- Oral Drug Delivery
- Pulmonary Drug Delivery
The research will ultimately lead to development of new and improved drug therapies with respect to both efficacy and patient safety. The Centre will also further support the strong research environment and the drug delivery ecosystem in the Nordic region.