Medical Physics and Engineering
Course, Bachelor's level, 3MG050
Spring 2024 Spring 2024, Uppsala, 33%, On-campus, The course will be taught in English, if needed
- Pace of study
- Teaching form
- Instructional time
- Study period
- 15 January 2024–17 March 2024
- Language of instruction
- The course will be taught in English, if needed
- Entry requirements
60 credits in physics or engineering.
Higher education credits (maximum 165 credits)
If you are not a citizen of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are required to pay application and tuition fees.
- Application fee: SEK 900
- First tuition fee instalment: SEK 10,833
- Total tuition fee: SEK 10,833
- Application deadline
- 16 October 2023
- Application code
Admitted or on the waiting list?
About the course
The course gives an overview of physics application in medicine for diagnostic and therapeutic aims. The described techniques include:
- X-ray tube and diagnostic X-ray
- accelerator technology for tumour treatment
- tomographic methods used for medical images, such as PET (Positron Emission Tomography), SPECT (Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography), CT (Computed Tomography) and MR (Magnetic Resonance)
- the chemical and biological impact of ionising radiation
- dosimetric calculations
- risk estimations.