Climate Change Leadership: Power, Politics and Culture
Reading list, Bachelor's level, 1MV077
A revised version of the reading list is available.
Main group 1
- Digital Compendium Online CCL, CEMUS, 2020, www.cemus.uu.se/cclCompulsory (An online compendium with 3–4 texts, videos, audio files and/
or other learning material per week available at www.cemus.uu.se/ ccl)
- Grint, Keith., Leadership: a very short introduction, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2010Compulsory
- Mitchell, Timothy, Carbon democracy: political power in the age of oil, London, Verso, 2013Compulsory
Elective book: choose to read either "Tropic of Chaos" or "Climate Changed"
- Parenti, Christian., Tropic of chaos: climate change and the new geography of violence, New York, Nation Books, c2011Compulsory
- Squarzoni, Philippe; Whittington-Evans, Nicole, Climate changed: a personal journey through the science, New York, Abrams, 2014Compulsory
Elective book:you can choose to read either "On Fire" or "Towards a Cultural Politics of Climate...
- Klein, Naomi, On fire: the burning case for a green new deal, [London], Allen Lane, 2019Compulsory
- Bulkeley, Harriet.; Paterson, Matthew; Stripple, Johannes., Toward a cultural politics of climate change: devices, desires, and dissent, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2016Compulsory