Syllabus, Master's level, 1TD389
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computational Science A1N, Computer Science A1N, Technology A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 18 March 2008
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
120 credits, where Computer programming I, Scientific computing 10 credits or the equivalent is included.
Discrete models. Volume rendering: ray-tracing, splatting, texture based. Isosurface reconstruction. Transformation of discrete volume data to polygonal representations. Mesh topologies and mesh simplification. Visualisation techniques. Visual aspects based on perception. Particle rendering. Algorithms for programmable graphics hardware. Applied visualisation. The course includes projects such as programming in VTK (the Visualisation Toolkit).
Lectures, laboratory work and compulsory assignments.
Written examination at the end of the course. Passed laboratory course and approved compulsory assignments are also required.