Wireless Communication and Networked Embedded Systems
Syllabus, Master's level, 1DT095
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1F, Embedded Systems A1F, Technology A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 13 March 2014
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
120 credits including at least 90 credits within computer science and mathematics including Computer Networks I and Real-time systems or the equivalent.
After passing the course a participant will be able to
- use suitable principles and standards (e.g. IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee) in design and evaluation of sensor networks and wireless communication protocols for small digital transmitters.
- demonstrate an ability to read, critically evaluate, analyse and present (verbally or in written form) the content and implications of research articles in the area.
Proactive and reactive protocols for wireless systems, data transfer and communication in sensor networks, energy efficiency, and embedded systems programming.
Lectures, discussion seminars, assignments, and seminars.
Assignments presented both oral and in writing (3 credits), assignments and seminars (2 credits).