Introduction to Construction Engineering
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 1TE439
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Technology G1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 13 March 2018
- Responsible department
- Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
General entry requirements and Physics 2, Chemistry 1, Mathematics 3c or Physics B, Chemistry A, Mathematics D
After a successfully completed course the student should be able to:
- describe certain common tasks for a construction engineer,
- describe briefly the construction process,
- write a simple technical report,
- plan and conduct an oral presentation,
- build a simple physical model.
- account for basic concepts in construction technology and how building technology has developed throughout history,
- choose and use appropriate reading or notation techniques based on the situation and plan his/her own studies.
Basic concepts in construction technology. Examples of construction engineers' labor market. Study techniques. Building Technology, including Physical Model Building, reporting, information search and oral presentation. Laboratory in visualization and model workshop. Learning at university level. Pegagogical objectives of the programme.
Lectures, exercises, supervision of a project executed in a group, study visits.
Active participation in study visits (3 credits) as well as oral and written reporting av groupwork (2 credits).