Project in Computer Systems
Syllabus, Master's level, 1DT104
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1F, Technology A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 20 October 2020
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
150 credits in computer science/technology, including at least 30 credits at Master's level in computer science. A second course in programming and a basic course in computer networks must be included. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
After passing the course the student should be able to:
- plan and conduct a project work in the area of computer systems in a smaller group within the given time frames,
- analyse an open problem, formulate sub-problems, and find and choose solutions for these,
- independently search, evaluate and use scientific and technical information to achieve the project objectives,
- demonstrate a workable solution to a complex task, and show that it meets the given specification,
- present the conditions in writing and orally, argue for the chosen solution method and present results.
The course begins with an introduction of key areas that are related to the project assignment and continues with a group work and planning phase. The project itself will then begin and will be presented both internally and externally at the end of the course.
Lectures, project work, supervision.
Presentation in the form of a written report and orally in seminar form. The report is assessed, apart from a technical / scientific point of view, also linguistically and structurally.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
This course can not be included in the same degree as any of the courses 1DT062,1DT054, 1IT170, 1DT021 or 1DT065.
No reading list found.