Selected Topics in Mathematics
Syllabus, Master's level, 1MA267
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Mathematics A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 18 February 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Mathematics
120 credits and 30 credits in mathematics at advanced level. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- have acquired a profound insight into some delimited area of mathematics or some applied area of mathematics;
- have been introduced to some area of current mathematical research and be able to independently acquire information about literature and problems in the area;
- be able to prepare and hold a seminar presentation in some area of modern mathematical research.
The content of the course differs from time to time.
Lectures and problem solving sessions.
Written assignments, oral presentation at a seminar.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.