Wireless Communication and Networked Embedded Systems
Syllabus, Master's level, 1DT095
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1F, Embedded Systems A1F, Technology A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 20 October 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
120 credits including 90 credits in computer science, mathematics, and technology, including Computer Networks I and a second course in computer programming or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- use suitable principles and standards (e.g. IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee) in design and evaluation of sensor networks and wireless communication protocols for small digital transmitters.
- demonstrate an ability to read, critically evaluate, analyse and present (verbally or in written form) the content and implications of research articles in the area.
Programming of embedded systems on examples of sensor nodes, distributed algorithms, radio communication (propagation and modulation), energy efficiency, communication protocols for wireless systems.
Lectures, seminars, and labs.
Written exam. Written and oral examination of labs.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Wireless communication and embedded systems, 10 credits (1DT103) can not be counted towards graduation together with this course.