Project in Quality Management
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 1TG287
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Industrial Engineering and Management G1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 3 October 2022
- Responsible department
- Department of Civil and Industrial Engineering
Participation in Projects and Leadership, of which 7 credits must be completed. Participation in Quality Management, of which 5 credits must be completed.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- define, plan and carry out an improvement project in an organisation based on a generally given problem
- use relevant working methods and tools to plan and control an improvement project and justify the choices of these
- use relevant working methods and tools to identify and explain reasons for problems and suggest and justify appropriate improvements
- present the project and its result in writing and orally
- give constructive feedback on others' projects,
- use relevant IT-based aids for presentations.
In the course, students carry out in groups a practical improvement project in quality technology. In the project work, students have the opportunity to put into practice in a service organisation knowledge and skills, primarily in quality technology and project management, that they have acquired earlier in their education. The application of quality technology methods to identify and explain problems and improve processes is central to the course. Furthermore a strong emphasis is put on writing project reports and presentation technique, critical review and the use of technical aids.
Lectures, supervision and project work.
Written project report that is presented orally. Oral and written critical review of the project report of another group.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding targeted pedagogical support from the university's disability coordinator.
The course cannot be included in a degree together with 1TG239 Project Course in Quality Technology for Service Organisations or 1TG265 Project Course in Quality Technology in Service Organisations.