Syllabus for Research Training in Biology
Forskningspraktik i biologi
- 10 credits
- Course code: 1BG224
- Education cycle: First cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2012-03-08
- Established by:
- Revised: 2018-08-30
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2019
Biology, 80 credits equivalent basic course in biology within the Bachelor programme in biology.
- Responsible department: Biology Education Centre
After the course, the student should have relevant working experience. On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- in extent and time delimit and plan for implementation of the training period
- carry out a compilation of the literature in the field
- give a correct oral and written presentation of the work training period
The student participates in regular activities within industry, public administration or academic research. The student should under supervision or independently participate in work relevant to the subject.
The student is given private tuition at the working place
Written and oral presentation of the work training period.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
Applies from: Autumn 2019
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.