In terms of knowledge and understanding, after completed course the student should be able to:
- describe what an enterprise model is and what it can be used for
- explain the relationship between enterprise models and requirements specifications for information systems
- describe an enterprise modelling notation
- describe what a process for business process modelling is
- explain what management of enterprise modelling is
In terms of skills and abilities, after completed course the student should be able to:
- construct an enterprise model for a given activity system and interpret such models
- derive requirements for an information system based upon such models
- plan and manage enterprise modelling
- document enterprise models Inst för informatik och media Informationssystem
In terms of evaluation and analysis, after completed course the student should be able to:
- critically evaluate the quality of existing enterprise models
- critically evaluate suggested processes for enterprise modelling
- critically evaluate given enterprise modelling notations
The course focuses on enterprise modelling in support of formulating requirements specifications for information systems. The course introduces enterprise modelling, notation for enterprise modelling, as well as planning and management of enterprise modelling projects. The course includes both theoretical foundations and pratical excercises intended to develop the student's capability to formulate and interpret enterprise models.
Lectures, seminars, supervision, and project work.
Examination will be carried out using individual and group assignments.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the University's disability coordinator or a decision by the department's working group for study matters.