Syllabus for Project in Data Science
Projekt i dataanalys
- 7.5 credits
- Course code: 1DL505
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Data Science A1F
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Established: 2021-03-04
- Established by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2021
A Bachelor's degree and, in addition, 30 credits in data science at Master's level, including Data, Ethics and Law. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
On completion of the course the student shall be able to:
- plan and carry out a project in the field of data science in a small group and within given time frames,
- analyze an open problem, formulate sub-problems, and find and choose solutions to these,
- independently seek, evaluate and use scientific and technical information to achieve project goals,
- demonstrate a workable solution to a complex data science task, and show that it meets a given specification,
- make assessments taking into account relevant scientific, societal and ethical aspects in the application of data science,
- in writing and orally present the assumptions, argue for the chosen solution method and present results.
Specialisation in a specific application area. Project work in groups with a focus on working on a practical data science project. The course has two possible orientations; data science students meet students from other programs who contribute with problems, subject competence and data or data sources. Alternatively, the project is carried out in a research group under the leadership of a researcher at Uppsala University. The course also teaches soft skills: ethics, group work, introduction to project and time management and presentation techniques.
Lectures, project work, supervision.
Written report (5 credits) and oral presentation (2.5 credits) of the project.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
The reading list is missing. For further information, please contact the responsible department.