Syllabus for Empirical Modelling
- 10 credits
- Course code: 1RT890
- Education cycle: Second cycle
Main field(s) of study and in-depth level:
Explanation of codes
The code indicates the education cycle and in-depth level of the course in relation to other courses within the same main field of study according to the requirements for general degrees:
- G1N: has only upper-secondary level entry requirements
- G1F: has less than 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G1E: contains specially designed degree project for Higher Education Diploma
- G2F: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- G2E: has at least 60 credits in first-cycle course/s as entry requirements, contains degree project for Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- GXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- A1N: has only first-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1F: has second-cycle course/s as entry requirements
- A1E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (60 credits)
- A2E: contains degree project for Master of Arts/Master of Science (120 credits)
- AXX: in-depth level of the course cannot be classified
- Grading system: Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Established: 2011-03-07
- Established by:
- Revised: 2021-02-16
- Revised by: The Faculty Board of Science and Technology
- Applies from: Autumn 2021
120 credits including Automatic Control I and a course in basic mathematical statistics. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- Responsible department: Department of Information Technology
Examples of models for signal and systems. Introduction to stochastic processes. Modelling of dynamic systems with physical and empirical modelling. Parameter estimation in dynamic models; linear regression, the least squares method and prediction error methods. Black box and grey box modelling. Methods for model validation. Possibilities and limitations with empirical modelling. Overview of some modelling problems in energy systems.
Project: There are several project proposals to choose from, e.g. empirical modelling of some systems with relevance to energy systems.
Lectures, lessons, tutorials and laboratory work. Project supervision.
Passed mini project and passed laboratory course are required. Complementary written examination may occur.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
- Latest syllabus (applies from Autumn 2021)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Spring 2019)
- Previous syllabus (applies from Autumn 2011)
Applies from: Autumn 2021
Some titles may be available electronically through the University library.
Modellbygge och simulering
2., [utvidgade och modifierade] uppl.: Lund: Studentlitteratur, 2004
Modeling and identification of dynamic systems
Second edition: Lund: Studentlitteratur,