Molecular Imaging with Focus on PET, 7.5 credits
Academic year 2023/2024
Autumn 2023, 100%, Campus
Start date: 30 October 2023
End date: 28 November 2023
Application deadline: 17 April 2023
Application code: UU-35012 Application
Language of instruction: English
Selection: Higher education credits (maximum 285 credits)
Registration: Please contact the department.
Entry requirements: 150 credits of which 120 credits are in biomedicine, pharmaceutical science, and/or natural science. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
If you are not a citizen of a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) country, or Switzerland, you are required to pay application or tuition fees. Formal exchange students will be exempted from tuition fees, as well as the application fee. Read more about fees.
Application fee: SEK 900
Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 18,125
Tuition fee, total: SEK 18,125
About the course
Molecular imaging (MI) is essentially a multidisciplinary field. For a deeper understanding of the method, it is required that the course illustrates all parts of the process from the physics behind the instruments to radio-labelling of molecules validation of these in vitro and in vivo. The course will also exemplify the questions which are suitably answered by MI. The course covers
- radiochemistry in tracer development
- preclinical methods for in vitro validation of molecular traces
- preclinical in vivo imaging using PET and SPECT tracers
- image analysis and image processing tools
- quantification and modelling of tracer kinetics
- PET as a tool for drug development and
- the clinical use of PET, e.g. within neurology, oncology, cardiology, metabolic diseases and psychiatry.
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
Biomedicinskt Centrum BMC, Husargatan 3
Box 574, 751 23 UPPSALA
Telephone: 018-471 4271 018-471 4236
Telephone: +46 18-471 44 36