Is this programme right for you?
Meet a student on the programme
Name: Emily Azzopardi
Being an international student has helped me to become a more independent and confident person.
How did you choose your programme?
– I was introduced to theoretical chemistry during my Bachelor’s programme and found it to be very interesting. Having wanted to pursue a Master’s, I chose Uppsala University because of its detailed and extensive programme in that field of study.
What is it like to be an international student?
– Overall, it has been a very positive experience, while it has not always been easy to adapt to living abroad, Uppsala has been very welcoming. Being an international student has helped me to become a more independent and confident person.
What is the best thing about studying at Uppsala University?
– I have found the staff at Uppsala University to be very understanding and supportive. While individual learning has been encouraged, additionally promoting group work and team building has created a motivated and healthy academic environment.
What is your reason for studying, or your ultimate goal?
– I am driven to study because I love learning about new things, problem-solving and working on projects.
Describe the student life
– Uppsala has a very active student life. Apart from hosting different social events, such as parties and “gasques”, other social activities including yoga, hiking, badminton and so on are also organised to accommodate everyone’s interests.
- For questions about the programme, please contact the programme coordinator:
- For programme-specific information, please contact the study counsellor:
- For admissions-related or general information, please contact our applicant support team: