Sociology of Education, Methods
Reading list, Master's level, 4UK027
A revised version of the reading list is available.
Main group 1
Scientific articles corresponding to about 150 pages will be added by the course management.
- Passeron, Jean-Claude; Bourdieu, Pierre; Chamboredon, Jean-Claude, The Craft of Sociology: Epistemological Preliminaries, Berlin, De Gruyter, 1991Compulsory (Selection of ca. 100 pp.)
- Bourdieu, Pierre; Accardo, Alain, The weight of the world: social suffering in contemporary society, Cambridge, UK, Polity Press, 1999Compulsory ("Understanding" 20 pp.)
- Buckingham, Alan; Saunders, Peter, The survey methods workbook: from design to analysis, Cambridge, UK, Polity, 2004Compulsory (309 pp.)
- Hermerén, Göran, Good research practice, Stockholm, The Swedish Research Council, 2011Compulsory (129 pp.)
- Fetterman, David M., Ethnography: step-by-step, 3. ed., London, SAGE, 2007Compulsory (173 pp.)
- Winther Jørgensen, Marianne; Phillips, Louise, Discourse analysis as theory and method, London, Sage Publications Ltd., 2002Compulsory (229 pp.)