Media and Communication Studies: Digital Media, Democracy and the Welfare State
Reading list, Master's level, 2IV179
A revised version of the reading list is available.
Main group 1
- Castles, Francis Geoffrey, The Oxford handbook of the welfare state, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2010Compulsory
- Fenton, Natalie et al., The media manifesto, Cambridge, Polity Press, 2021Compulsory
- Ohlsson, Jonas, The Nordic media market 2015: Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Göteborg, Nordicom, 2015Compulsory
- Persily, Nathaniel; Tucker, Joshua A., Social media and democracy: the state of the field, prospects for reform, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2020Compulsory
- Syvertsen, Trine et al., The media welfare state: Nordic media in the digital era, Ann Arbor, The University of Michigan Press, 2014Compulsory
Articles and book chapters will be added at the start of the course.