Scientific Computing III
Syllabus, Master's level, 1TD397
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computational Science A1N, Computer Science A1N, Technology A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 13 March 2008
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
BSc degree where Scientific Computing II and Vector Calculus (Green's theorem and Stokes' theorem must be covered) is included.
Partial differential equations: methods based on finite differences and finite element methods. Eigenvalue problems: the Power method and QR method. Iterative methods for solutions to linear systems of equations. Use of computational software (Femlab and MATLAB).
Lectures, problem classes/workouts, laboratory work, compulsory assignments.
Written examination at the end of the course and compulsory assignments.