Syllabus, Master's level, 1TD388
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computational Science A1N, Computer Science A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 18 March 2008
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
120 ECTS credits, where mathematics 30 ECTS credits and computer science 22.5 ECTS credits (Computer programming NV2 or the equivalent must be covered) is included.
The rendering pipeline. Description of geometrical objects and transformations. Visualisation, clipping and projections. Hidden surface removal. Lighting models for polygon based graphics. Texture mapping and bump mapping. Low level graphics libraries for 3D programming (OpenGL). A practical part is included in the course where the students implement some of the effects and methods introduced during the course.
Lectures, laboratory work and compulsory assignments.
Written examination at the end of the course and compulsory assignments.