Scientific Computing KF
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 1TD399
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science G1N, Mathematics G1N, Technology G1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 16 February 2018
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
To pass, the student should be able to
- describe and perform tasks in connection to the key concepts covered in the course;
- explain the idea behind and apply the algorithms covered in the course;
- explore properties for numerical methods and mathematical models by using the analysis methods covered in the course;
- explain the results when running a MATLAB program, and describe a problem with an algorithm or a programming code in MATLAB, which for instance might include self-written MATLAB functions;
- structure and divide a computational problem into sub-problems, formulate an algorithm and implement the algorithm in MATLAB;
- solve smaller calculation problems in a structured manner and implement in MATLAB.
Lectures, workouts (problem solving classes), laboratory work, assignments and mini projects.
Written examination (3 credits). Individual assignments and mini project (2 credits).