Structural Optimisation for Additive Manufacturing I
Syllabus, Master's level, 1TM103
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Materials Engineering A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 25 February 2020
- Responsible department
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering
120 credits in science/engineering including solid mechanics. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course the student shall be able to:
- identify different classes of structural optimization addressing sizing, shape, and topology,
- explain the concept of design variables, constraints, and objective functions in anoptimization problem,
- formulate engineering design problems for simple load-bearing structures as optimization problems,
- numerically solve simple size-optimization problems,
- implement optimization algorithms.
Objective functions, constraints, different optimization algorithms, numerical implementation and problem solving.
Lectures, laboratory work and project work.
Project work (2 credits), assignment (2 credits) and laboratory work (1 credit).
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.