Academic Writing for Students with Swedish as a Second Language or Swedish as a Foreign Language
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 5NS106
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 22 October 2019
- Responsible department
- Department of Scandinavian Languages
The course is a freestanding course.
General entry requirements
The course is for students with other mother tongue than Swedish who want to increase their skills in Swedish grammar.
Upon completing the component, students will
- show knowledge of basic grammatical and semantic terminology
- be able to apply the rules of Swedish grammar in free and controlled production
- be able to account for and reflect on the fundamental features of the syntactic and morphological structure of Swedish
The module contains an overview of the Swedish grammar (syntax, word formation and morphology), orientation in semantic analysis as well as oral and written exercises.
The instruction is given in the form of lectures and group instruction. Compulsory parts occur.
Students who do not achieve a passing grade on the regular examination will have another opportunity to take the examination within a reasonable period of time after the regular examination. A student who has failed a test two times has by applying to the head of department possibility at one's own request to change examiner or examination format.
The course may not be included in a degree if equivalent parts have been studied within another course included in the degree.