Writing in Academic Contexts for Students with Swedish as a Second Language or Swedish as a Foreign Language
Syllabus, Bachelor's level, 5NS139
- Education cycle
- First cycle
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G), Pass with distinction (VG)
- Finalised by
- The Department Board, 22 October 2019
- Responsible department
- Department of Scandinavian Languages
The course is a freestanding course.
General entry requirements
The course is for students with other mother tongue than Swedish who want to increase their skills in written Swedish.
Upon completing the component, students will
- know and be able to apply the most common Swedish writing rules
- be able to write texts with a grammatically satisfactory language and with an adequate vocabulary
- be able to construct texts of different nature and be able to adapt the style after what the genre requires
- be able to plan their writing, i.e. collect material, sort, design and process texts according to the writing process
The module contains exercises in writing summary, discussing, investigating and arguing texts etc., as well as exercises in phraseology and orientation in Swedish writing rules.
The instruction is given in the form of lectures and group instruction. Compulsory parts occur.
Students who do not achieve a passing grade on the regular examination will have another opportunity to take the examination within a reasonable period of time after the regular examination. A student who has failed a test two times has by applying to the head of department possibility at one's own request to change examiner or examination format.
The course may not be included in a degree if equivalent parts have been studied within another course included in the degree.