Syllabus, Master's level, 1DL340
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1N, Technology A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 20 October 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
120 credits including 15 credits in mathematics and 20 credits in computer science, including a second course in programming. Alternatively 45 credits in the Master's Programme in Language Technology (HSP2M). Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- recognise that a problem is an AI-problem,
- model AI-problems and point out an appropriate solution (for example expert systems, search algorithms, learning),
- describe and use search methods, expert systems, statistical methods and simple methods for learning,
- discuss different definitions of AI, and relate those to the history of AI.
Heuristic search, knowledge representation, expert systems, learning systems. Applications of AI, for instance in computer games.
Lectures and labs.
Written exam and assignments that are presented orally and in writing.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
This course cannot be included in the same degree as 1DL010.