International Master's programmes at Uppsala University
The application period for Master's programmes commencing 31 August 2020 was from 16 October to 15 January 2020.
All programmes are taught in English apart from the Master Programme in Scandinavian Studies, which is taught in Swedish.
Below you will find the list of international Master's programmes with the start date 31 August 2020. In the autumn 2020, we will publish a new list of international Master's programmes starting in the autumn semester 2021.
Please note, some of our programmes may still be open for late application. It is possible for students who submit late applications to be offered admission, but students who submit complete applications by the given deadline are prioritised during the selection process.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Additive Manufacturing, 120 credits - New!
- Applied Biotechnology, 120 credits
- Bioinformatics, 120 credits, specialisations:
Computer Science Background
- Biology, 120 credits, specialisations:
Cell and Molecular Biology
Ecology and Conservation
Erasmus Mundus Master Programme in Evolutionary Biology (MEME)
Genetic and Molecular Plant Science
Immunology and Microbiology
Ecosystems and Aquatic Ecology
Nabis - Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics
- Chemistry, 120 credits, specialisations:
Bio and Nano Materials
Chemistry for Renewable Energy
EACH - Excellence in Analytic Chemistry
Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Computational Science, 120 credits
- Computer Science, 120 credits, specialisations:
Concurrency and Parallel Programming
Sino-Swedish Master, Computer Science - Software Engineering
- Data Science, 120 credits, specialisations:
Data Engineering - New!
Machine Learning and Statistics - New!
- Earth Science, 120 credits, specialisations:
Sustainable and Innovative Natural Resource Management (SINReM)
- Embedded Systems, 120 credits
- Energy Technology, 120 credits
- Image Analysis and Machine Learning, 120 credits - New!
- Industrial Analytics, 120 credits - New!
- Industrial Management and Innovation, 120 credits
- Materials Engineering, 120 credits - New!
- Mathematics, 120 credits, specialisations:
Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Physics, 120 credits, specialisations:
Astronomy and Space Physics
Nuclear and Particle Physics
Theoretical Physics - Quantum Fields and Strings
- Renewable Electricity Production, 120 credits
- Sustainable Destination Development, specialisations, 60 credits:
Applied Heritage Politics - Campus Gotland!
Entrepreneurship for Destination Development - Campus Gotland!
Sustainable Nature-Based Destinations - Campus Gotland!
- Sustainable Destination Development, 120 credits - Campus Gotland!
- Sustainable Development, 120 credits
- Water Engineering, 120 credits - New!
- Wind Power Project Management, one year, 60 credits - Campus Gotland!
- Wind Power Project Management, two years, 120 credits - Campus Gotland!
Medicine and pharmacy
- Biomedicine, 120 credits
- Drug Discovery and Development, 120 credits - New!
- Forensic Science, 120 credits
- Global Health, 120 credits
- Infection Biology, 120 credits
- Innovative Medicine, 120 credits - New!
- Medical Nuclide Techniques, 120 credits
- Medical Research, 120 credits
- Molecular Medicine, 120 credits
- Pharmaceutical Modelling, 120 credits
HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Accounting and Financial Management, 120 credits, specialisations:
- Business and Management, 120 credits, specialisations:
- Digital Humanities, 120 credits
- Early Modern History, 120 credits
- Economics, 120 credits
- English, 120 credits, specialisations:
American Literature and Culture
- Entrepreneurship, 60 credits
- Environmental Law, 120 credits
- Euroculture, 120 credits
- Game Design, 120 credits - Campus Gotland!
- Global Environmental History, 120 credits
- Global Markets, Local Creativities, 120 credits
- Holocaust and Genocide Studies, 120 credits
- Humanitarian Action and Conflict, 60 credits
- Humanities, 120 credits, specialisations:
Archaeology - Uppsala and Campus Gotland!
Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
Cultural Heritage and Sustainability - Campus Gotland!
Egyptology - New!
Gender Studies - New!
- Human-Computer Interaction, 120 credits
- Information Systems, 120 credits
- International Humanitarian Action, 120 credits
- Intellectual Property Law - Cancelled!
- International Tax Law and EU Tax Law - Cancelled!
- Investment Treaty Arbitration, 60 credits
- Languages, 120 credits, specialisations:
General Linguistics - New!
German - New!
Turkic Languages - New!
- Language Technology, 120 credits
- Modern History, 120 credits
- Peace and Conflict Studies, 120 credits
- Political Science, 120 credits
- Religion in Peace and Conflict, 120 credits - Distance learning!
- Russian and Eurasian Studies, 120 credits - New!
- Scandinavian Studies, 120 credits
- Social Sciences, 120 credits, specialisation:
Digital Media and Society
- Sociology of Education, 120 credits
- Statistics, 120 credits
- Sustainable Management, 60 credits - Campus Gotland!