Selected Topics in Mathematics
Syllabus, Master's level, 1MA267
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Mathematics A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (3), Pass with credit (4), Pass with distinction (5)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 12 March 2009
- Responsible department
- Department of Mathematics
120 credit points and 30 credit points Mathematics at advanced level
After completion of the course the student should
- have acquired a profound insight into some delimited area of mathematics or some applied area of mathematics;
- have been introduced to some area of current mathematical research and be able to independently acquire information about literature and problems in the area;
- be able to prepare and hold a seminar presentation in some area of modern mathematical research.
The content of the course differs from time to time.
Lectures and problem solving sessions.
Written and, possibly, oral examination at the end of the course. Moreover, compulsory assignments may be given during the course. Presentation of a given subject at a seminar.