Advanced Computer Science Studies in Sweden
Syllabus, Master's level, 1DT032
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1N
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 2 February 2021
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
A Bachelor's degree including 60 credits in computer science. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
After completing the course, the course participants should be able to handle their education situation at the master's program in computer science in Uppsala. This is done in terms of the following concrete objectives:
- Students should be able to account for the planning of their studies.
- Explain the education system.
- Be able to work in a group regarding computer science content.
- Be able to write technical reports and give presentations.
- Students should also be able to perform basic low-level programming in C.
Ethics, independent work, report writing (including writing correct references), intercultural communication and collaboration, and collaborative learning, as well as academic honesty. Study orientation, study techniques in computer science and the education system in Sweden. Equal opportunities with respect to the Discrimination Act. Programming in C.
Lectures, seminars, reports, labs, and project work.
The course is examined with project, discussions, presentations and assignments.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
No reading list found.