Software Engineering Project
Syllabus, Master's level, 1DL650
- Education cycle
- Second cycle
- Main field(s) of study and in-depth level
- Computer Science A1F, Technology A1F
- Grading system
- Fail (U), Pass (G)
- Finalised by
- The Faculty Board of Science and Technology, 17 October 2022
- Responsible department
- Department of Information Technology
150 credits in computer science/engineering of which at least 30 credits at advanced level in computer science, including Complex IT Systems in Large Organisations, Software Testing, and a second course in computer programming. Proficiency in English equivalent to the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- plan and execute a project in the area of software development in a small group within a given time frame,
- analyse an open problem, identify subproblems, and find and choose solutions to these,
- independently search, evaluate and use scientific and technical information to achieve project goals,
- demonstrate a working solution to a complex task, and demonstrate that it meets the given specification,
- present in writing and orally the prerequisites, argue for the chosen solution and present the results.
The beginning of the course consists of introduction to key areas that are related to the project task, followed with a team-working and planning phase. After this, the project is carried out, and demonstrated both internally and externally at the end of the semester.
Lectures, project work, supervision.
Written report and oral presentation at seminars.
If there are special reasons for doing so, an examiner may make an exception from the method of assessment indicated and allow a student to be assessed by another method. An example of special reasons might be a certificate regarding special pedagogical support from the disability coordinator of the university.
This course cannot be included in the same degree as any of the courses 1DT062,1DT054, 1IT170, 1DT021 or 1DT065.
No reading list found.